As Albertans take to the skies again for travel, Alberta Blue Cross® is rolling out a new set of travel plans for individuals that include trip break, flight delay service, protection for COVID-19 and more to make travel easier.
Available now, these improved travel plans were designed for customers navigating pandemic travel, where conditions can be quick to change.
Effective July 21, 2022, our offerings will include the following:
- Flight delay service: individuals can register for flight delay service up to one hour ahead of their departure time to receive access to an airport lounge for a delay of three hours or more and access to a hotel room for a delay of six hours or more.
- Protection for COVID-19: reimbursement for COVID-19 related expenses incurred if travellers become sick at their destination as part of Emergency Medical Care coverage. Additional benefits available for Covid-19 related expenses when purchasing trip cancellation or interruption.
- Trip break: included with single trip plans, travellers may come back to their province of residence and then return to their destination without terminating the insurance contract.
- Multi-trip annual plans: options available for individuals up to age 85, as well as coverage for one year for any number of trips with a trip length maximum of 180 days (previously a maximum of only 30 days).
- In-Canada plans: coverage for domestic travel.
- Top-up coverage: Alberta Blue Cross® group and personal plan members, as well as individuals with coverage through other insurers with travel coverage, can add additional days.
These new features are being added to the reliable, affordable travel insurance Alberta Blue Cross® already offers with emergency medical and trip cancellation, interruption and baggage coverage.
Interested customers can get a quote or buy online at ab.bluecross.ca/travel
Please note these benefits apply to new individual travel plans only and are not included in any existing travel coverage through personal or group benefit plans.
For more information, please contact Sharmin Hislop, director, Corporate Communications, Alberta Blue Cross®, at firstname.lastname@example.org.